Fire intensity varies significantly depending on the characteristics of the surrounding landscape. The nature of potential bushfire behaviour of the area is determined by considering topography, weather conditions and the vegetation.
Fireland consultants are highly experienced in assessing bushfire fuels. The type, amount, arrangement and location of vegetation relative to infrastructure and assets, are important in identifying the fire hazard. In assessing the hazard, we also consider:
- potential or historic ignition sources
- the site of existing or proposed buildings
- appropriateness of design and construction for limiting potential exposure from bushfire
- land use on and adjoining the site
- clearing or preparing a defendable space
- on-site water availability and fire fighting capability
- site access and egress including for emergency vehicles.
Contact us we are the right bushfire management consultants for your project.