Fire trails serve a number of functions with the primary being to allow fire fighters and equipment access to safely and quickly manage fire. Depending on the particular needs of an area, the placement of fire trails in the natural environment can prevent fires escaping, or restrict fires from entering an area. Fire trails can help to slow the spread of a fire, but under severe conditions and high fuel loads they will not stop a fire.
Fireland consultants are high skilled and experienced in high quality fire trail design. Considerations we give to their placement include:
- management objectives of the property owner
- infrastructure and assets at risk
- soil type, slope, vegetation type and density
- environmental considerations such as water movement, weed and pest movement, endangered, rare and threatened species
- on-going costs in maintenance.
Contact us we are the right bushfire management consultants for your project.